Health and Safety Legal Compliance Audits
Have you ever wondered what your company’s legal compliance status is when it comes to health and safety? Let us come and conduct a full health and safety legal compliance audit for you.
The Safety Network (Africa) cc, t/a SafeNet Africa specializes in these type of audits. Our consultants have extensive experience and ready to assist.
In short the health and safety audit will cover the following, viz.
- Once a quote is accepted, dates for the audit will be confirmed with the client;
- The consultant will liaise with the client prior to the audit to ensure that critical documentation to be scrutinized will be available and ready on site;
- On arrival there will be a short introductory meeting with the site representative and or management to confirm the scope of the audit and to agree on the audit programme;
- Normally there will first be a site walk around to familiarize the auditor with the environment to be audited. During this time if any specific non-conformance is identified it will be noted;
- The auditor may also embark on a process of sampling data to be verified during the desk top audit;
- A desk top audit will then also be conducted to ensure that all the necessary legally required documentation is available. This will be measured against National, Provincial and Local By-Laws requirements;
- Once the process is completed there will be a close out meeting where some immediate feedback will be provided to site management;
- A detailed report will then be drafted and submitted to the client; and
- The report will contain the following important information:
- A summary of the client details, also explaining the scope of the audit that was conducted;
- A detailed summary of the findings (non-conformances) with a risk rating for each of these findings, e.g. high, medium of low. This would assist the client to prioritize the findings for implementation; and
- Action plan to assist with implementation of the findings.
These documents will be made available in electronic format.