Are you in need of removing or cleaning an asbestos cement roof or related products or you are a company that requires assistance in becoming a Registered Asbestos Contractor or if you are already a Registered Asbestos Contractor and in need of an Approved Asbestos Inspection Authority? We can be of assistance!
The Safety Network (Africa) (Pty) Ltd as an Approved Asbestos Inspection Authority (OH 0242 – CI 062).
We can assist with the following when it comes to asbestos management, viz.
- Asbestos training to be provided for asbestos workers and supervisors;
- Assist with the drafting of Asbestos Plans of Work for the removal of raw asbestos or the removal or cleaning of asbestos cement roof sheeting and related products;
- Submitting the Asbestos Plans of Work to the office of the Provincial Director of the Department of Labour in the region where the work will be taking place;
- Applying for a waiver from the Department of Employment and Labour from the 14 day waiting period, on your behalf – only in cases of emergency;
- Conducting of asbestos air monitoring (Normal exposure sampling and clearance sampling);
- Counting of Asbestos Fibres (We have our own asbestos laboratory);
- Identification of Asbestos (By Electron-microscopy - in association with the National Institute for Occupational Health);
- Drafting of “Asbestos Clearance Reports”; and
- Conducting Asbestos Mapping Surveys (Asbestos Inventories) and required “Assessment of Potential Exposure to asbestos fibres”.
All the work that will be done in relation to asbestos will be conducted in line with the Asbestos Regulations, 2001, as incorporated under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993. For the removal or cleaning of asbestos products the MDHS 39/4 (HSE 248) standards will be applied.